Green Gates at Flowing Lake – Photos by Joanna Monger Photography – Snohomish Wedding Photographer
Last week I was lucky enough to shoot a very special wedding at Green Gates at Flowing Lake in Snohomish! Bisi and Mike just moved over from Indianapolis and were so kind and easy with each other that it made my job photographing them really easy! I just love Bisi’s amazing smile and I am sure Mike would agree with me that she lights up the whole world up when she laughs! This wedding was small and intimate and they couldn’t have chosen a better place to do it – by the lake at Green Gates in Snohomish! Here are some of my personal highlights from their special day:
- The ceremony was so heartfelt and touching. I love seeing people get all emotional (not mentioning anyone…ahem… Bisi’s brother and sister). Seeing Bisi walk back down the aisle with Mike, with tears rolling down her cheeks was also very special.
- Spending time with the couple down by the lake for photos. We had so many good laughs and I love how peaceful the lake is on an otherwise bustling wedding day.
- The beautiful landscaping at Green Gates. It is meticulous and so pretty! It is extra cool that they are growing kiwi and citrus in Washington.
- The couple changed into Nigerian evening attire so that they could incorporate some elements of Bisi’s culture into their special day. The fabric was so colorful and fun! It really was a special touch!
- The dancing was super cool! There was a mix of American and African music and despite how small their guest list was, the dance floor was packed and popping!
- Night-time snacks – No one left this wedding hungry, I am certain of that! Between delightful appetizers, a wonderful dinner, numerous deserts and pies, and then a late evening snack of pretzels and dips, we were all very well taken care of.
- The kids table. Bisi and Mike, thoughtful as ever, made the best kids table. Balloons, music makers, gift bags, candy and all sorts of other fun things that made the children feel extra special. Speaking of the kids, this group of little people were extra fun! They chased me around with music makers, we did some coloring and then at the end of the night, the flower girl came to find me and gave me a big hug goodbye! I have such a special job!
- Getting soaked to the bone while watching the amazing thunderstorm. As I was leaving the wedding we had an enormous storm. I haven’t seen that much lightening in a long time. I’m the sort of person that just loves to stand out in the rain and feel it on my skin at the end of a long day. When I realized I was holding a metal lightning conductor (aka my metal light stand) I realized maybe it was time to go home. I’m very fortunate that I live right down the road from this venue so I didn’t have to drive in the storm very far!
Thank you Bisi and Mike for trusting me to document your wedding day for you. I hope you enjoy looking at your photos for many, many years to come!
Snohomish Wedding Professionals at Green Gates at Flowing Lake:
Snohomish Wedding Venue: Green Gates at Flowing Lake
Planner: Pacific Coast Bride
Catering and Drinks: Alexa’s Cafe
Desserts: Snohomish Pie Company
Makeup: Bethany Yackel Beauty
Photographer: Joanna Monger Photography
Flowers: Flora D’ Amore
Officiant: Elaine Way
DJ: Sounds Unlimited
Rentals: CORT Party Rental
If you liked this post, you may also like these posts:
Joanna Monger is a wedding and boudoir photographer located in Snohomish, WA serving the Greater Seattle area. Photography coverage including but not limited to Seattle, Snohomish, Bellevue, Everett, Woodinville, Monroe and surrounding areas.