Falling Water Gardens Monroe Wedding – Photos by Snohomish Wedding Photographer – Joanna Monger Photography
I really enjoyed getting to know these two wonderful people over the past year. Right from the first time they came to meet me in my office I knew these two were very special. The group of people that were present for their wedding were just as lovely and made for a really special and love filled day. You literally could feel the joy everywhere. It was magic!
Ace and Glen’s good friends, Ken and Rick, own the lovely nursery that’s now doubling up as a wedding venue in Monroe (Falling Water Gardens) and were gracious hosts for the day. It’s such a fun and eclectic spot for a wedding and I am excited to return again soon.
I had many personal highlights from this wonderful wedding, but a few include:
- The getting ready moments. Normally the couple’s getting ready time doesn’t appear in my highlight reel from the day, Ace and Glen however opted for no “first look” and to just be present with each other in the morning and help each other get ready for their day together. Watching them tie each other’s ties and fix each other’s cuff links and figure out who’s shoes were who’s were all very sweet and intimate moments. It is not lost on me how lucky I am that I get to be with my couples during very special and simple moments throughout their day.
- The table setups were beautiful. With so many little thoughtful touches commissioned by artisans from etsy, the couple made sure that everyone present felt special and loved. Flowers by Karen went all out and with the simple color palette, which helped tie everything together in a very classy way.
- Ace and Glen’s guests. Everybody was so welcoming and kind and I had such a wonderful day documenting and celebrating their special bond together as husband and husband.
- Fireworks AND lanterns. I mean either is a treat, but having both is just exceptional. Ken put on quite a show with the fireworks – for a while I thought I was back at DisneyLand! I know I wasn’t the only one that got a little emotional watching the lanterns with love notes written on them drift into the sky. What a special end to a wonderful day.
- Oh and let’s just take a moment to appreciate the grooms’ socks. They wanted to have their precious dog walk with them down the aisle (which wasn’t quite possible), so they had him printed onto their socks so he could walk with them. Clever and cute eh?!
Snohomish Wedding Professionals
Joanna Monger is a wedding and boudoir photographer located in Snohomish, WA serving the Greater Seattle area. Photography coverage including but not limited to Seattle, Snohomish, Bellevue, Everett, Woodinville, Monroe and surrounding areas.
If you enjoyed reading this, you may also like these posts: